The 2018 Ag Retailer of the Year Application is now closed. The 2018 winner will be announced in November at the ARA Conference & Expo.
The 2019 application will be available in May.
How to Apply
- Individuals may nominate a retailer or retailers may apply directly.
- Deadline: Saturday, June 30, 2018
- The best entries include pictures and captions.
- Show (in description and pictures, if possible) how your organization accomplishes each criterion.
- Keep your answers brief but complete.
- Support documents (annual reports, company newsletters, nomination/reference letters, etc.) are welcome and may be attached to your application form.
- Here are two sample applications for your review. Sample 1. Sample 2.
- Two round-trip airline tickets to the ARA Conference & Expo, Nov. 27 – 29
- Two-night accommodations at the Boca Raton Resort and Club, Boca Raton, Fla.
- VIP Dinner with Monsanto representatives and ARA officers.
- Two-page article in AgPro magazine spotlighting the winning retail facility.
- Special award presentation at the ARA Conference & Expo.
- A beautifully cut lead crystal award to display at retail facility.
- Bonus: A round-trip flight to St. Louis for a tour of Monsanto's biotech research facility and a meeting with senior executives.
1. Effective Employee Relations
- Hires, trains and retains highly skilled, professional employees
- Competitive compensation & benefits plan
- Commits resources for employees to participate in professional certification and/or self-improvement programs
2. Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability
- Respect for the environment beyond compliance
- Implements daily practices that improve the environment and the image of our industry
- Use sustainable and financially sensible practices that help to conserve and protect our natural resources to ensure a safe environment and food supply now and for future generations.
- Meets customer expectations, especially during the busiest time of the year
- Implements practices to reduce downtime (fleet management, preventive maintenance, etc.)
4. Community & Industry Leadership
- Community engagement and outreach
- Civic Involvement
- Local, state and national association involvement
- Must be ARA member
5. Relationship Building
- Continually refines strategic alliances with customers, suppliers, employees and state and local governments
- Effective at managing risk associated with the ag retail business, and also help farmer customers manage their risks
6. Technology Utilization
- Embraces a business philosophy that maximizes revenue service streams by focusing on profitable customer services
- Turns raw customer data into more profitable crop production decisions
7. Innovative Business Practices
- Optimizes changing markets by providing personalized services (value added)
- Strives to diversify business strategies
- Implements cutting-edge management tools in all facets of retail business