ARA Retailer of the Year Criteria
Do you consistently outperform other retailers? Exceeds customer expectations? Successfully lead through outstanding and innovative business practices? Then you should apply for the "ARA Retailer of the Year Award."
Specific criteria are outlined below. Nominations must be received by 5:00pm CDT Friday, June 30, 2017.
About the Award
Sponsored by Monsanto, ARA and AgProfessional magazine, the Retailer of the Year is a recognized symbol of quality and prestige, the emblem of the very best in the industry. This annual award is determined by the ARA Executive Committee. All retailers are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- Individuals may nominate a retailer or retailers may apply directly.
- Deadline: Friday, June 30, 2017
- The best entries include pictures and captions.
- Show (in description and pictures, if possible) how your organization accomplishes each criterion.
- Keep your answers brief but complete.
- Support documents (annual reports, company newsletters, nomination/reference letters, etc.) are welcome and may be attached to your application form.
- Two round-trip airline tickets to the ARA Conference & Expo, Nov. 28 – 30
- Two-night accommodations at the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix, Ariz.
- VIP Dinner with Monsanto representatives and ARA officers.
- Two-page article in AgPro magazine spotlighting the winning retail facility.
- Special award presentation at the ARA Conference & Expo.
- A beautifully cut lead crystal award to display at retail facility.
- Bonus: A round-trip flight to St. Louis for a tour of Monsanto's biotech research facility and a meeting with senior executives.
1. Effective Employee Relations
- Hires, trains and retains highly skilled, professional employees
- Competitive compensation & benefits plan
- Commits resources for employees to participate in professional certification and/or self-improvement programs
2. Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability
- Respect for the environment beyond compliance
- Implements daily practices that improve the environment and the image of our industry
- Use sustainable and financially sensible practices that help to conserve and protect our natural resources to ensure a safe environment and food supply now and for future generations.
- Meets customer expectations, especially during the busiest time of the year
- Implements practices to reduce downtime (fleet management, preventive maintenance, etc.)
4. Community & Industry Leadership
- Community engagement and outreach
- Civic Involvement
- Local, state and national association involvement
- Must be ARA member
5. Relationship Building
- Continually refines strategic alliances with customers, suppliers, employees and state and local governments
- Effective at managing risk associated with the ag retail business, and also help farmer customers manage their risks
6. Technology Utilization
- Embraces a business philosophy that maximizes revenue service streams by focusing on profitable customer services
- Turns raw customer data into more profitable crop production decisions
7. Innovative Business Practices
- Optimizes changing markets by providing personalized services (value added)
- Strives to diversify business strategies
- Implements cutting-edge management tools in all facets of retail business