The World Agri-Tech Innovation Summit takes place in San Francisco on March 20-21. The event brings together more 900 major global agribusinesses, investors and ag-tech start-ups.
Speakers include Howard Yana Shapiro of MARS, Matt Barnard of Plenty, Charles Baron of Farmers Business Network, Robert T. Fraley of Monsanto, Cameron Holbrook of Amazon Web Services and William Buckner of The Noble Foundation.
The program focuses on the following areas for ag-tech innovation in 2018:
- Leaders Debate: Innovation & Nourishing Future Generations Sustainably
- Rethinking Yield & Nutrition: Genomics & Cloud Biology
- Start-Up Scale Up: The Journey of an AgTech Enterprise
- Monetizing the Microbiome: Healthy Soils, Healthy Animals, Healthy People
- On Farm Robotics, AI & Automation: From Speciality Crops to Row Crops
- Investor Panel: Unlocking Silicon Valley Ambition in Agriculture
As a connection point for agribusiness and investors, additional activities include:
- Acceleration fund Radicle Growth will offer $250,000 in investment to the winner of the World Agri-Tech Pitch Day and the Radicle Challenge on Monday March 19
- AgFunder will present its annual Innovation Awards on the first evening of the summit, followed by a networking reception for all attendees
- International delegations from Argentina and Australia will host breakfast briefings highlighting opportunities for US companies in these fast-growing markets
- Delegates will have the opportunity to deep-dive into today’s hottest topics in breakout workshops focused on Vertical Farming and Blockchain
The Summit is supported by major partners including Bayer, Corteva Agriscience, BASF Crop Protection, Cambridge Consultants, Conservis, Inocucor, Iteris, Koch Agronomic Services, Lazard, Monsanto, Morrison Foerster, Pivot Bio, Precision Biosciences, STK Bio-Ag Technologies and Trimble.
The event is hosted by Rethink Event, and for more information, visit: www.worldagritechusa.com