What is the threshold quantity of this product for reporting to DHS? Does the Agriculture Hours of Service exemption release me from the requirement for Electronic Logging Devices? Should I list ammonia nurse tanks on my MCS-150 form for FMCSA?
ARA members have access to our government relations staff to ask questions like this and get quick answers. This service, which we call DC Help Desk, is included with your membership.
In the last twelve months, ARA staff members have received and resolved 15 issues for members. Topics included:
- Hours of Service questions
- DOT spare fuse regulations
- Construction of ammonium nitrate storage structures
- Restricted Use Pesticide applicator certification
- Hazard Communication (HazCom) delivery requirements
- “Blue Collar” overtime payments
- Pesticide container recycling and reuse
- NFPA 400 standard amendments
- FMCSA reporting – whether to include ammonia nurse tanks on Form MCS-150
If you have a regulatory question, you can make use of this member benefit by visiting www.aradc.org/helpdesk or by contacting Richard Gupton at 202-595-1699 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Hunter Carpenter at 202-595-1705 or email@example.com, or Kyle Liske at 202-595-1706 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In general, Richard handles EPA and DOT regulations (including pesticides, RMP, HAZMAT, SPCC, and transportation generally); Hunter handles farm bill, rural development, precision agriculture, trade and tax; and Kyle handles DHS (including CFATS), OSHA & labor issues, driver credentials, health care and litigation reform. A complete list of ARA staff responsibilities can be found here (member login required).