The following information is provided by New Leader
Spring application season has already started in some parts of the country and is fast approaching in others. In order to make certain equipment that has been stored in the off-season performs at its best, several things need to be done before heading to the field. New Leader has provided their top five spring maintenance tips to help you prepare your fertilizer spreaders for peak performance before the season begins.
Top 5 Spring Maintenance Tips:
- Change hydraulic and gear case oil, and hydraulic filter.
- Clean rust from spinner fins or install new fins with powder coating removed.
- Check to see the conveyor is adjusted, moving freely and that the oiler works.
- Check to see the fan frame moves freely and takes grease.
- Check controller operation, spreader constants/CFR’s, and pan test your spreader to verify the spread pattern.
Completing these five easy steps will not only make sure your spreader applies product accurately but will also help reduce in-season down time. For more regular maintenance tips and information on dry fertilizer spreaders and other New Leader products, visit www.newleader.com.