Weather report: Cool and dry on the northern Plains
In the West, warm, mostly dry weather prevails, except for cool conditions along the immediate Pacific Coast. On Sunday, rain showers occurred over some of the wildfires in the central and southern Rockies, aiding containment efforts. The Black Forest fire, which has destroyed more than 500 structures in El Paso County, Colorado, is approximately two-thirds contained.
On the Plains, an active weather pattern prevails across southern areas. A line of thunderstorms, which earlier produced local wind and hail damage, is moving across northeastern Texas and eastern portions of Kansas and Oklahoma. Meanwhile, cool but dry weather favors late-season planting efforts on the northern Plains.
In the Corn Belt, cool weather covers the northern tier of the region, in the vicinity of the Great Lakes. Elsewhere, mild, dry weather is promoting fieldwork, including soybean planting efforts.
In the South, warm, humid weather accompanies scattered showers. Although the rain is slowing fieldwork, soil moisture remains mostly adequate for pastures and summer crops.
Outlook: During the next several days, showery weather will persist across the nation’s southeastern quadrant. Five-day rainfall totals could reach 1 to 3 inches from the Mid-South into the Southeast. Farther west, showers and thunderstorms will linger through Tuesday on the southern Plains, resulting in local drought relief. Late in the week, a developing storm will result in the development of widespread showers from the Northwest into the upper Midwest. Heat will build across the nation’s mid-section in advance of the late-week storm. Meanwhile, dry weather will continue through week’s end from California to the Four Corners region. The NWS 6- to 10-day outlook for June 22-26 calls for near- to above-normal temperatures nationwide. Meanwhile, wetter-than-normal weather in the Dakotas, Pacific Northwest, and from the Mississippi Valley to the East Coast will contrast with below-normal rainfall in the south-central U.S. and from California to the High Plains
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Speed King Blender
CrustBuster/Speed King, Inc.