Planning for next Ag Connect Expo & Summit
Ag Connect Expo & Summit plans are being finalized with record exhibit space sold, according to show management. The show brings together equipment manufacturers of the world to exhibit products and new technology for the U.S. market of farmers and agribusinesses.
The Ag Connect Expo & Summit will be held Jan. 29-31, 2013, in Kansas City, Mo., at the Kansas City Convention Center. To drive attendance, other organizations have been asked to hold their annual meetings in conjunction with the expo, which is partly why the “summit” word was added to the official name of the show.
At last report, three confirmed organizations will be involved with the show. The U.S. Custom Harvesters, Inc., an organization celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2013, will meet at the time of the show. The National Farmers Organization will conduct its annual conference during Ag Connect. The American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers will also hold its technology conference and announce its AE50 award winners at the show. More groups have been considering holding some type of meeting at the conference. The National Alliance of Independent Crop Consultants has discussed holding its precision technology conference during Ag Connect.
Ag Connect in Kansas City will have the largest exhibit space in the history of the show. The show was held in conjunction with the American Farm Bureau Federation annual meeting in Atlanta in 2011. The amount of heavy machinery and space required for Ag Connect limits the organizers’ choices to move the show from year to year.
Those ag retailers and custom applicators who would like to see the latest and greatest in technology currently available or coming soon should probably be making plans for hotel rooms as soon as possible because so many rooms close to downtown are going to be taken up by exhibitors. Full information can be found at http://www.agconnect.com/.
The Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) is the show owner and producer.
- New platform to simplify inventory and fertilizer sales
- Cheminova’s dimethoate 4E receives 2(EE) recommendation
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- Potential impact of climate change on rangeland plants
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Thursday morning
- Economy, job market reaps benefits from RFS
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants