The Agronomics and Economics of Fall Applied Sulphur
Research indicates that adequate plant sulphur nutrition and its unique interaction with other nutrients can improve crop yields. Advanced application technology and shifts in storage and blending practices are leading the way toward getting the most from the agronomic and economic value of fall applied sulphur.
You'll learn about:
- Function of sulphur in plant nutrition
- Sulphur reactions in soil and availability for plant uptake
- Factors influencing the sulphur cycle
- Fall application of bentonite sulphur enhancing pastille breakdown
- Handling and storage and blending options for 90% PNS
- Application techniques and options for sulfur bentonite
- Variable rate programs with sulfur bentonite
- Economics of adding sulfur bentonite to your fall program
Who should attend:
- Dealer sales and management personnel
- Agronomy consultants
- University soil fertility staff and faculty
DURATION: 1 houR (ALSO INCLUDES QUESTIONS & ANSWERS)
As part of its continued commitment to customer service and providing the best sulphur bentonite products possible, H.J. Baker has established Tiger-University for its Tiger-Sul Products division. Tiger University will provide research and credited classroom study as part of its continuing education program
Wesley Haun is the research agronomist for H.J. Baker & Bro/Tiger-Sul Products. He has a B.S. degree and M.S. degree in Plant & Soil Science from University of Tennessee. His professional certifications include Certified Professional Agronomist, Certified Professional Soil Scientist and Certified Crop Adviser. He has a diverse agronomy background from crop consulting at retail and regional levels to applied “on-farm” research while employed at Ohio State University. Haun’s responsibilities at H.J. Baker & Bro/Tiger-Sul Products include management of research projects on sulfur bentonite applications and conducts training domestically and internationally on sulphur and its agronomic benefits based upon research results.
Drew P. Taylor
Drew P. Taylor is the Director of Tiger-Sul Product Management and International Sales at H.J. Baker & Bro/Tiger-Sul Products. Taylor grew up in retail fertilizer business and has been with H.J Baker & Bro for 10 years and with Tiger-Sul since 2005. He received a degree in Agriculture Economics from Purdue University in 1990. Taylor previously worked for Ciba Geigy, Norsk Hydro, Ag Chem and family fertilizer business Agriturf. Taylor's experience combined with his retail background will help you develop an understanding of features, benefits and the significant value for your business application.
Mike Adams, AgriTalk host
- Current AgriTalk network host since 2001.
- WLDS, Jacksonville, Ill., farm broadcaster for 27 years.
- Daily syndicated talk show and 100 remote broadcasts per year.
- Past president and member of National Association of Farm Broadcasting as well as recipient of Farm Broadcaster of the Year award.