Valley Irrigation announces new VFlex Corner
click image to zoom Valley Irrigation has introduced the new Valley VFlex Corner, the most versatile corner option in the industry.
"The new Valley VFlex Corner has been in development since 2009 and was extensively tested at Valley and in customer fields," said John Kastl, Equipment Product Manager at Valley Irrigation. "Its flexibility is based on suggestions from growers, and it offers more options than any other corner on the market."
Valley introduced the first corner to the irrigation market in 1974. A Valley corner machine allows growers to irrigate the acres not reached by a traditional center pivot, increasing yields on land the grower already owns.
The new VFlex Corner features an 8000 series span and an improved steerable drive unit structure for industry-leading strength and durability. The VFlex also includes a wider track-and-roller cradle that can be easily serviced with standard hand tools.
"We did a lot of work to make sure the VFlex is the most durable, reliable, longest-lasting, and easy-to-maintain corner available," Kastl said. "It also offers growers tremendous flexibility, so they can tailor it to a specific field's needs."
The VFlex Corner maintains the same start-stop controls of the Valley Corner, but offers extensive options to fit each grower's requirements.
Customizable options include:
- Three corner length choices
- Mechanical or electronic sprinkler sequencing
- Fixed or swiveling water inlets
- Single or dual steering gearboxes
- Wire or GPS Guidance
- Trailing or leading orientation
Valley will be showcasing the new VFlex Corner in its booth at Husker Harvest Days, Sept. 10-12 in Grand Island, Neb.
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Anti-GMO proposal denounced at Safeway shareholder meeting