Trimble launches Connected Farm dashboard
Trimble announced the Connected Farm dashboard, which provides one centralized location to view key information in order to make better daily decisions based on the latest ag data. The Connected Farm dashboard is customizable and accessible via Internet-enabled devices such as desktop and notebook personal computers, smartphones and tablets, and Trimble's new TMX-2050 display.
The Connected Farm dashboard will:
- Check daily rainfall totals for each virtual rain gauge—without the use of physical rain gauges. (Made possible by Trimble's acquisition of RainWave's assets). This will allow a farmer to reprogram his irrigation system based on the previous evening's rainfall, optimizing the use of water.
- View the weather forecast weekly, daily, or hourly for a given location including temperature, humidity, chance of precipitation and wind speed. For example, wind speed will allow a farmer to plan when to spray a given field.
- Set up a Doppler radar map to show upcoming weather patterns for their area. This will allow a farmer to assess in real time whether or not to continue with a current activity.
- Check the latest commodity prices. Farmers will be able to select the commodities that matter to them and list them based on personal priority.
- View farming operations data. For example, if the farmer is viewing yesterday's planting activities, the dashboard may show population, singulation, skips and doubles.
- Monitor a fleet by tracking the location and status of vehicles and receive geo-fence and curfew alerts. Farmers also can link through to Trimble's new Connected Farm fleet app to add landmarks or for turn-by-turn directions to locate vehicles from their current position, and view historical positions.
- View a boundaries map created with Trimble's Connected Farm scout app.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
A.J. Sackett Loss-In-Weight Blend Systems
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company