Toro launches drip irrigation online resource
In recognition of Smart Irrigation Month, Toro announced its new educational website and eNewsletter, DripTips. The website, driptips.toro.com, seeks to educate new and existing drip irrigation users by sharing best practices, how-to guides, tips, trends, videos, webinars, design tools and case studies. In addition, visitors will find the latest irrigation and agricultural news. DripTips updates and replaces Toro’s previous and successful educational website, dripirrigation.org, improving site navigation, user-friendliness and social networking/share-ability.
DripTips was created to be a one-stop drip irrigation resource for growers, dealers, institutions and other members of the agricultural community. “Drip irrigation is growing in popularity and people are interested in learning more about the benefits of drip and how to get the most from the technology,” says Sky Anderson, marketing communications manager for Toro Micro-Irrigation. “DripTips is exceptional because it not only provides relevant news and information, but it also offers tools that help users make decisions. So visitors to DripTips can do research and make informed decisions all in one place.”
Other features of the site include:
- Drip irrigation basics
- Typical system layout and components
- Case studies for various crops – from corn and cotton to strawberries and tomatoes
- The Drip/Micro Payback Wizard – to calculate the payback period of investing in drip irrigation
- Toro’s free drip irrigation design software, AquaFlow
- The Drip Irrigation Owner’s Manual
In addition, DripTips was specifically designed to encourage interaction. “The site’s blog allows visitors to post comments or ask questions,” explains Anderson. “This element promotes the social aspect of the site and will help the entire value chain of suppliers, end users, affiliated businesses and institutions collaborate and share their unique experiences.” Users can also seek advice or ask Toro’s drip irrigation experts questions directly through the “Ask an Expert” function.
To stay updated, users can subscribe to the DripTips eNewsletter, which will be sent to subscribers every other month. Each eNewsletter will provide top news stories, special features and upcoming events. Plus, the eNewsletter will deliver special promotions, offers and coupons only available to DripTips subscribers. To subscribe, visit driptips.toro.com.
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning