Toro launches drip irrigation online resource
In recognition of Smart Irrigation Month, Toro announced its new educational website and eNewsletter, DripTips. The website, driptips.toro.com, seeks to educate new and existing drip irrigation users by sharing best practices, how-to guides, tips, trends, videos, webinars, design tools and case studies. In addition, visitors will find the latest irrigation and agricultural news. DripTips updates and replaces Toro’s previous and successful educational website, dripirrigation.org, improving site navigation, user-friendliness and social networking/share-ability.
DripTips was created to be a one-stop drip irrigation resource for growers, dealers, institutions and other members of the agricultural community. “Drip irrigation is growing in popularity and people are interested in learning more about the benefits of drip and how to get the most from the technology,” says Sky Anderson, marketing communications manager for Toro Micro-Irrigation. “DripTips is exceptional because it not only provides relevant news and information, but it also offers tools that help users make decisions. So visitors to DripTips can do research and make informed decisions all in one place.”
Other features of the site include:
- Drip irrigation basics
- Typical system layout and components
- Case studies for various crops – from corn and cotton to strawberries and tomatoes
- The Drip/Micro Payback Wizard – to calculate the payback period of investing in drip irrigation
- Toro’s free drip irrigation design software, AquaFlow
- The Drip Irrigation Owner’s Manual
In addition, DripTips was specifically designed to encourage interaction. “The site’s blog allows visitors to post comments or ask questions,” explains Anderson. “This element promotes the social aspect of the site and will help the entire value chain of suppliers, end users, affiliated businesses and institutions collaborate and share their unique experiences.” Users can also seek advice or ask Toro’s drip irrigation experts questions directly through the “Ask an Expert” function.
To stay updated, users can subscribe to the DripTips eNewsletter, which will be sent to subscribers every other month. Each eNewsletter will provide top news stories, special features and upcoming events. Plus, the eNewsletter will deliver special promotions, offers and coupons only available to DripTips subscribers. To subscribe, visit driptips.toro.com.
- Livestock futures led most ag markets lower Wednesday morning
- WSSA updates herbicide handbook
- Uncovered, the mystery of exchanging genes with wild relatives
- What will happen to farm leases with $3.25/bu corn?
- Easy Leaf Area software calculates leaf area from digital images
- CLA identifies areas for EPA to enhance effectiveness of WPS
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America