SMART6 Integrated GNSS SMART antenna for ag
click image to zoom NovAtel Inc., a leading supplier of OEM Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) components and subsystems introduced the SMART6 integrated GNSS antenna, the newest product in NovAtel’s SMART family of GNSS antenna products.
The SMART6 antenna integrates NovAtel’s powerful OEM6 GNSS receiver engine with its high performance Pinwheel antenna technology. Tracking L1 and L2 GPS + GLONASS signals, and E1 Galileo and BeiDou B1 ready, the SMART6 delivers scalable performance, from single-frequency positioning to centimetre-level accuracy using dual-frequency Real Time Kinematic (RTK) tracking. The SMART6 is also available with an optional tilt sensor for precision agriculture applications as well an integrated Bluetooth radio for wireless connectivity.
Jason Hamilton, director of marketing at NovAtel stated, “The SMART6 is ideal for manual guidance and auto-steer agriculture applications that benefit from ultra-smooth positioning and high pass-to-pass accuracy.” Hamilton added, “Our dual-frequency GLIDE firmware further enhances the absolute accuracy of the single-frequency GLIDE position, creating a robust solution and mitigating the effects of high ionospheric activity, even when operating without corrections. The optional integrated tilt sensor corrects position errors caused by operation on sloped surfaces.”
The design of the SMART6 interface maximizes system integration flexibility with three NMEA 0183 compatible RS-232 serial ports and a NMEA2000 compatible CAN port. One PPS output, an event mark input and three daylight readable status LEDs are also provided. Built-in magnets simplify mounting although fixed mounting options are also available.
The SMART6 is available for order starting Sept. 1, with product shipments commencing in late October.
Additional product information can be found on the NovAtel website at www.novatel.com/products/smart-antennas/smart6
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Blend and Bulk Tower Systems