Remote monitoring unit offers control over ag assets
click image to zoom Resource management is a major concern in agriculture. Farmers and ranchers worry about energy consumption, water levels, equipment operations as well as the potential of hazardous conditions that could jeopardize their livestock and consumables.
The Messenger Remote Monitoring Unit from Global Monitoring offers the tools to remotely manage and control assets such as irrigation systems, wells/tanks/reservoirs, poultry farming equipment and livestock, barns, greenhouses, silos, and farm-produced goods by alerting specified personnel of conditions such as energy usage, temperature, power failure and security on a 24/7 basis. Functioning as a dedicated measurement and control device, the Messenger RMU provides for continuous asset management and condition monitoring of various parameters - even from remote locations.
Integrating with various sensor types such as data loggers, temperature sensors, soil/moisture sensors and programmable logic controllers, the Messenger RMU monitors conditions such as temperature, flow, water levels and power at any remote, unattended or inaccessible location. Alerts and status reports are sent directly to a cell phone, fax or computer if a condition exceeds specified limits. Outputs from the RMU can also control equipment either automatically or by remote control. Using the remote control capabilities of the Messenger, users can start, stop or reset equipment, reducing the need to dispatch a technician. Various personnel can be assigned with limited password-protected access to verify operations simply by making a phone call.
A data logging feature of the Messenger retains detailed historical information of equipment operations and a user interface allows for visualization of historical data and direct downloading to PLCs. Once installed, users can expand usage of the Messenger as the remote monitoring unit is configurable with industry standard 0-5V, 4-20mA or dry contact sensors and expandable to 16 inputs.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Layco Declining Weight Blend System