Reinke introduces variable rate irrigation
click image to zoom Reinke Manufacturing Company, Inc., a leading manufacturer of mechanized irrigation systems, announced variable rate irrigation (VRI), a data-driven irrigation management product designed to improve water use efficiency and conserve energy while working to optimize quality and yield for growers. Reinke VRI provides the industry's first fully-integrated agronomic VRI solution when it's packaged with the Reinke RPM Touch Screen control panel and Navigator GPS.
"Reinke was the first in the industry to introduce touch screen capabilities with our Touch Screen control panel in 2009, making programming control operations a simpler process for growers, and the first company to successfully integrate GPS technology into our Navigator line of GPS controls for more precise management and guidance of mechanized irrigation equipment," said Reinke President Chris Roth.
"Now, our VRI Touch Screen control panel becomes the first fully-integrated agronomic VRI solution capable of importing water application prescriptions. Helping growers achieve optimal performance is paramount to us, and we are proud to be able to develop and offer these technology advancements for our customers," said Roth.
Whether for multiple crops in one field, differences in soil type or terrain, in just a few steps, Reinke VRI enables growers to match water application to the unique changes within each field. First, electrical conductivity and RTK GPS elevation surveys of a grower's pivot path are conducted to determine topography and soil variables. This data is then processed to determine the recommended water rates (prescriptions) for each field. Each prescription (Rx) precisely matches the unique attributes of the field, crop and changing weather.
With the partnership of CropMetrics, a data management company, Reinke offers Sector VRI and Zone VRI. Sector VRI allows for varying the speed of the irrigation system, while Zone VRI allows for the turning on and off of individual sprinklers or groups of sprinklers.
Growers can also create and import their own application Rxs using the Reinke VRI Tool. The Rx can remain in the touch screen panel for future repeated use. Growers using RPM Touch Screen panels since their introduction in 2009 can utilize this VRI capability by means of a simple software update.
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- Rust detected in Ark. soybeans, but won’t affect current crop
- Select soybean varieties with genetic disease resistance
- Landmark Services Cooperative, Curry Seeds sign agreement
- Bullish outlook for feed grains, global food trade
- Try to apply fall herbicide treatments before December
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta