Plant twice as fast while maintaining accurate spacing
A new retro-fit seed delivery system from Precision Planting allows growers to plant corn and soybeans twice as fast as is possible with traditional seed tubes.
Jason Stoller, Product Manager for the new SpeedTube says, “Farmers are always looking for the optimum planting window in order to maximize yield. We realize the window is narrow and speed is a limiting factor. Traditional seed tubes limit planter speeds due to poor spacing.”
Stoller explains that SpeedTube solves these problems by controlling the seed, regardless of seed shape and size, all the way from the meter disk to the furrow. Feeder wheels at the top grab the seed from the disk and deposit it into a flighted belt that carries it to the bottom of the trench. The SpeedTube belt spins at a rate that increases and decreases with planter speed, ensuring that the seed doesn’t roll when it lands in the furrow.
“Planting with SpeedTube redefines planting accuracy in a revolutionary way. It increases yield and productivity by allowing you to take control of seed spacing at today’s planting speeds and removes the barrier to high planting speeds when you need to,” says Stoller.
Precision Planting will be demonstrating SpeedTube at the Farm Progress Show in Boone, Iowa, August 26-28. The product will be available for the Spring of 2015 on select John Deere and Kinze planters.
- AFBF: What EPA isn’t telling you about its latest CWA rule
- Rentech Nitrogen Partners to supply TKI with ammonia
- CF Industries’ Woodward N complex shut down for repairs
- EPA reorganizes OPP’s registration division
- USDA to provide $4 million for honey bee habitat
- The other crops couldn't duplicate Thursday night soy gains
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement