NovAtel introduces new GNSS antenna
click image to zoom NovAtel Inc., a leading supplier of OEM Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) components and subsystems announced the SMART6-L, a GNSS antenna that integrates NovAtel’s OEM6 engine with proven Pinwheel antenna technology. Tracking L1 and L2 GPS + GLONASS, the SMART6-L delivers scalable performance, from single frequency GL1DE smoothing performance to centimetre-level accuracy using dual frequency Real Time Kinematic (RTK) tracking. Optional L-band tracking improves positioning accuracy outside of L1 SBAS coverage areas.
Jason Hamilton, director of marketing at NovAtel, said, “The SMART6-L is ideal for manual guidance and auto-steer agriculture applications that benefit from ultra-smooth positioning and high pass-to-pass accuracy.” Hamilton added, “Our dual-frequency GL1DE firmware further enhances the absolute accuracy of the GL1DE position, creating a robust solution and mitigating the effects of high ionospheric activity.”
The design of the SMART6-L interface maximizes flexibility with NMEA 0183 compatible RS-232 serial ports and a NMEA2000 compatible CAN port. One PPS output, an event mark input and three daylight readable status LEDs are also provided. Built-in magnets simplify mounting although fixed mounting options are also available.
The SMART6-L is available for order starting March 18th, with product shipments commencing April 15.
Additional product information can be found on the NovAtel website here.
- TekWear partners up on new crop monitoring technologies
- Harvest delays impact crop performance, study shows
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Sugarcane aphids found in North Carolina
- Online registration open for Dec. 15-16 AGMasters conference
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta