New drone for agriculture with 41Mp camera
click image to zoom Lehmann Aviation (www.lehmannaviation.com), the manufacturer of professional micro civil UAVs, has launched LA300, a new automatic drone for professional still aerial images (41Mp) and video, for the needs of agricultural sector.
The LA300, a fully automatic drone requiring no piloting skills or training, sets new standards in aerial imaging. Operations have never been easier: just program the flight path on any Windows8 tablet, transmit the data to the drone via WI-FI and launch it by hand. After a flight of up to 30 minutes, the aerial robot will automatically land in a chosen place.
Designed for professional applications, such as surface and volume calculation, detection of damaged crops, animals and plantations monitoring, the LA300 is the world’s first drone to use a mobile phone for professional imaging, thanks to the amazing quality of Nokia 1020 camera.
It has become extremely easy, as never before, to conduct the whole flight, to prepare the mission and control and geotag images. For flight preparation and mission control the user just has to «draw» on a touchscreen tablet the area of interest, enter waypoints and Lehmann’s OperationCenter will automatically generate missions and program the drone. The flight data is then to be transmitted to the drone via WI-FI. After mounting Nokia Lumia 1020 on the wing and launching the LA300 by hand, the user just has to wait until it automatically flies over the chosen waypoints and lands. At the end of the mission the user can easily process all the images in the most popular orthomosaic/DEM software.
The LA300 is a highly user-friendly, efficient and rugged unmanned aerial system. The drone flies at a range of up to 15 km, at speeds of 20-80 km/h. It is also done to be flown in harsh environments, between -25 °C up to +60 °C (-13 °F up to 140 °F), with winds up to 35 km/h (20kt). The LA300 weights 950 grams (including Nokia Lumia 1020), with a wingspan of 92 cm and the length of 45 cm. The drone is launched by hand and lands in just few meters.
The LA300 is priced at 4,990€ (roughly $6,350), ready to fly. The kit includes two wings, one electronic flying platform, power system and a set of accessories. The OperationCenter under Windows8 is included in the kit, free of charge. Nokia Lumia 1020, GoPro or Windows8 tablet are not included in the kit.
Deliveries start at the end of September 2013.
All Lehmann Aviation drones come with 1 year warranty and can be regularly upgraded to newer versions.
- New platform to simplify inventory and fertilizer sales
- Cheminova’s dimethoate 4E receives 2(EE) recommendation
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- Potential impact of climate change on rangeland plants
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Thursday morning
- Economy, job market reaps benefits from RFS
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants