New Growsmart by Lindsay Sensors introduced
Lindsay Corporation, maker of Zimmatic irrigation systems, added soil moisture monitoring and a weather station to its Growsmart by Lindsay product line.
These plug-and-play add-ons use a wireless connection to report relevant weather and soil water data from the field to a secure customer account on the Web. FieldNET by Lindsay software and supporting mobile apps, provide the graphical user interface, convenience and reporting growers need to make more informed irrigation decisions, according to Reece Andrews, new technology product manager at Lindsay.
Andrews says the Growsmart sensors are designed to provide growers information that enhances irrigation management using FieldNET’s management tools, which allow growers to remotely monitor and control their entire irrigation system.
“Integrating soil moisture and the weather station with FieldNET allows growers one easy-to-use platform that controls pumps and pivots, records water and energy usage, tracks soil moisture levels and trends, and logs local weather station information.
Growers are automatically notified about conditions that require action,” he says.
The soil moisture station and probes can be named for quick reference and linked to the associated fields. Soil moisture trends are illustrated in easy-to-read graphs and provide current trending and season-over-season history. Soil moisture monitoring can help growers decide when to apply irrigation.
The state-of-the-art weather station includes sensors for wind speed and direction, solar radiation, air temperature, humidity, precipitation and calculated evapotranspiration. A low-maintenance tipping rain bucket is included as part of the weather station. Historical records are maintained for quick access, with trending charts together on one page.
“The new soil moisture station and weather station are designed for quick access to field feedback that can result in better overall irrigation management and improved crop yield and quality,” Andrews says.
For more information, visit www.growsmart.com or talk to your local Zimmatic dealer.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
A.J. Sackett Loss-In-Weight Blend Systems
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company