New Class 1 Division 1 explosion proof LED string lights
click image to zoom Industrial lighting specialists Larson Electronics revealed is newly designed Class 1 Division 1 and Class 2 Division 1 explosion proof LED string lights. These string lights are ideal for general close work and inspection activities in hazardous locations requiring explosion proof protection.
The EPL-SL-10-LED explosion proof string light set from Larson Electronics contains a total of ten work lights that are equipped with aluminum hooks and connected in series along 100 feet of 14/3 SOOW explosion proof cord. Each hand lamp is equipped with a 10 watt LED bulb that produces 830 lumens of light, generating a total of 8300 lumens. Designed to operate on 120-277 volts AC, these lamps provide higher efficiency than traditional incandescent A19 bulbs. The machined aluminum housings, cast aluminum guard, tempered glass lamp globe, and abrasion resistant cord make this a very durable unit that will resist damage from chemicals, abrasions, vibrations and impacts.
A molded T junction is mounted every ten feet, with 3 feet of 16/3 SOOW cord connecting a single drop light to the backbone. The cord on this unit is terminated with a 1523P Class 1, Division 1 explosion proof plug for complete protection. With this arrangement, each drop light will not spark if pulled apart or dragged. A 25 foot tail section of main SOOW cord is included to allow ample length for connection to power sources. The hand lamps can be moved around and hooked to different points on a scaffold, but must remain within 10 feet of one another. This string lighting solution will provide the lighting required in a flexible, easy to manage configuration.
“We have redesigned these hand lamps by using a molded T connector to connect each hand lamp instead of an aluminum junction box,” Rob Bresnahan with Larsonelectronics.com. “With this improvement, it has made our hand lamps lighter in weight and easier to manage. Also, the molded T connectors have an integrated eyelet making it easier to hang each T connection above the ground.”
Larson Electronics carries an extensive line of explosion proof LED lights, LED work lights, light towers, intrinsically safe LED lights, portable work lights and industrial grade LED area lights. You can view Larson Electronics’ entire line of industrial grade lighting by visiting them on the web at Larsonelectronics.com. You can also call 1-800-369-6671 to learn more about all of Larson Electronics’ lighting products or call 1-214-616-6180 for international inquires.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Pinnacle Agriculture, Tecomate Wildlife form alliance