Netafim rolls out portable drip irrigation technology
Addressing the diverse operational and environmental needs of today's modern growers, Netafim has unveiled PolyNet, a high-performance, flexible, lightweight, cost-effective piping solution for above and below-ground agricultural drip irrigation systems.
Utilizing an advanced, collapsible design, PolyNet is an innovative mainline and sub-mainline piping solution from Netafim that enables growers to easily install, recoil and relocate a drip irrigation system for use in an alternate field or different configuration. Featuring leakage-free lateral connectors and integrated welded outlets, spaced according to customer requirements, PolyNet's advanced design provides growers with an easy-to-assemble, precise water delivery solution that lowers labor and maintenance costs, increases water savings and improves crop performance potential through enhanced system performance. Additionally, the cost (per acre) of a PolyNet drip irrigation system is substantially less than a below-ground PVC system, giving producers more options when deciding on a system that is the right fit for their operation.
"A perfect complement to Netafim's singular focus of providing reliable, simple and affordable irrigation solutions to help today's farmers address the challenges of an increasingly complex industry, PolyNet enables farmers to reap the benefits of a drip irrigation system in areas where flexibility is essential," said Ze'ev Barylka, Director of Marketing for Netafim USA. "Since first pioneering drip irrigation technology nearly 5 decades ago, the debut of PolyNet is a result of Netafim's continued commitment to providing growers with leading tools and technology needed to improve yield potential and productivity, while reducing costs, labor and water use."
Available in a wide range of diameters, PolyNet's thermostatic collapsible irrigation pipe is constructed from rugged premium polyethylene materials that are designed to be versatile and durable enough to withstand the weight of heavy field machinery as well as the most stringent environmental conditions. Requiring no specialized installation tools, PolyNet is equipped with a connector kit and an array of branching and lateral fittings, making it compatible with any Netafim on-surface or subsurface (SDI) irrigation system.
For more information on PolyNet, visit www.NetafimUSA.com.
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- New research study shows the value of neonicotinoids
- Alltech Crop Science acquires South African distributor
- Monsanto invests to transform plant breeding
- Fungicide-resistant soybean diseases spreading
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement
- No-till may not bring boost in global crop yields
- Los Angeles City Council votes to explore ban on GMO plants
- ASA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid study
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- First responders need to prepare for agroterrorism