Mini plant photosynthesis meter to assist consultants
The measurement is based on the chlorophyll fluorescence, a very weak optical signal emitted by the plant. It is invisible, but picked up by the instrument and accurately measured. This readily provides information on the plant's condition and growth.
Weed control is a major application field. To save the environment, low dose herbicide spraying is more and more used. But the farmer can’t see if the weed is dying. Here, the miniPPM provides the answer. The instrument also shows if the crop is suffering from herbicide treatment.
In greenhouse horticulture the miniPPM is an excellent tool for climate control. The instrument shows if the crop is stressed due to excess light or water shortage. It assists in timely light screening and irrigation, which is essential to prevent growth loss and crop damage.
In the U.S., the instrument is used for plant breeding. Spruce and pine seedlings are subjected to stress (frost, heat…) and thereafter measured. Those with the highest photosynthesis are selected for further cultivation.
The miniPPM-100 is an extension to your green fingers. Just put it in your pocket and use it everywhere. A measurement takes less than a second!
For research there are more advanced models. The miniPPM-300 measures automatically a complete photosynthesis-light curve and produces a corresponding measuring report, thus characterizing the growth properties of a species or variety.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.