La Crosse Seed releases cover crop tools
To help the growing interest in education about cover crops, La Crosse Seed is developing tools that ag retailers and farmers alike can utilize when making their cover crop decisions.
"As Cover Crops gain momentum across the Midwest, we have recognized that the majority of individuals are looking for tools and information that can help them make decisions. So far, we have created a couple of these, such as a cover crop forage value chart and cost per acre calculator based on species planted. In the future, we look forward to releasing additional tools to help people feel confident when making their cover crop decisions." says Scott Wohltman, Cover Crop Lead for La Crosse Seed.
Currently available through the Soil First website, http://www.soil1st.com/, the tools are listed below:
Forage Values Chart - This chart will show you the nutritional values of each cover crop option.
Soil First Calculator - Calculate your cost per acre on your cover crop products.
Virtual Seed Library - Get an up close look at the seed size of your cover crop products.
The Daily Dirt - Sign up to stay connected with monthly email newsletters from La Crosse Seed.
La Crosse Seed has been pairing an unmatched portfolio of high quality forage, turf, and cover crop seeds with knowledgeable and experienced sales and support staff since 1947. Currently, the organization has six locations and nineteen sales representatives across the Midwest.
Please call the company's headquarters in La Crosse at (800) 328-1909 or check out http://www.lacrosseseed.com/ to learn more about its products, services or find your regional sales manager.
- Monsanto launches Mexico center for developing GMO corn
- Verdesian Life Sciences acquires QC Corporation
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Study suggests more waters may deserve federal protection
- Fertilizer maker Mosaic cuts phosphate output
- Ag markets moved mostly lower Tuesday night
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto