John Deere offers complete FT4 package of DEF, related products
click image to zoom To make it convenient and easy for customers to access, handle and use Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) and other fluids in their Final Tier 4-compliant equipment, John Deere is offering a full range of fluids and handling equipment. In addition to its Cool-Gard II Heavy Duty Engine Coolant, Plus-50 II Premium Engine Oil and Diesel Exhaust Fluid, developed and manufactured to meet the specifications for use in John Deere selective catalytic reduction (SCR) engines, the company is offering a line of pump kits and portable dispensing units that make it easy to handle larger volumes of DEF.
According to Chad Smith, product line marketing manager with John Deere Merchandise, John Deere dealers are ready to be the one-stop resource for fluids and handling equipment customers will need for keeping their SCR equipment up and running. “We’ve had several years to prepare for Final Tier 4 emissions regulations to be implemented and have put products and services in place at John Deere dealerships across the country to make it convenient for our customers,” Smith says.
John Deere Diesel Exhaust Fluid is available in variety of sizes, including 2.5-gal. jugs; 55-gal. drums; and 275- and 330-gal. totes. To make it easy for customers using the larger drums and totes, John Deere introduces 110V and 12V pump kits (SWDEF110VKIT and SWDEF12VKIT) that come fully assembled and include everything needed to dispense DEF, including 4-ft. suction hose with closed system dry break coupler and 20-ft. discharge hose with stainless steel automatic shutoff nozzle.
Other new equipment to help customers get DEF to the field include 20- and 60-gallon Portable Dispensing Units (SWDEFPDU20T and SWDEFPDU60T), which are now available from John Deere dealers. These self-contained units consist of a stainless steel tank, removable 12V pump with 20-ft. dispensing hose, and stainless steel auto shutoff nozzle with swivel. These units are designed to fit conveniently in a pickup truck bed or on a fuel trailer for easy transport.
John Deere Diesel Exhaust Fluid and supporting handling equipment can be used on all John Deere SCR-equipped machines, as well as other makes of SCR-equipped machines that require DEF. “No matter what color of equipment customers operate that require diesel exhaust fluid, they can get high-quality DEF in the quantities they need, along with the proper handling equipment, from their local John Deere dealer,” Smith says. “In addition, our dealers can help provide an entire lineup of oil, lube and coolant products for SCR equipment, as well as the knowledge and expertise to help customers properly store and handle DEF and to keep their equipment up and running efficiently for years.”
For more information on the full line of John Deere DEF products, supporting equipment and other fluids for SCR-equipped machines, visit your local John Deere dealer or visit JohnDeere.com.
- Boxers or Briefs? Underwear buried to demonstrate unhealthy soil
- Tire makers race to turn dandelions into rubber
- Toro releases guide for using micro-sprinklers for IPM
- USDA to fund $25 million in value-added producer grants
- Crop futures mostly higher, livestock prices stabilizing
- Suppress Palmer pigweed with a ryegrass cover crop
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- Cooperative exits retail and automotive business
- RTK brings higher level of accuracy to farmers
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease