Introduction of the Enlist Ahead app
Unveiled this week, the Enlist Ahead app offers growers and applicators vital herbicide application information from a single source. The app, designed for use with the Enlist Weed Control System, is a precision agriculture tool for maximizing weed control performance, managing weed resistance and making responsible applications of Enlist Duo herbicide with Colex-D Technology.
This app was announced but will only be available following regulatory approval of the Enlist Weed Control System. As explained, it is an app for use with all weed control systems, but especially those of Dow AgroSciences. The naming of the app to be associated with Enlist provides one more way of keeping the Enlist name in front of growers and retailers leading up to approval of the Enlist Weed Control System.
“With the Enlist Ahead app, growers and applicators will be able to carry important application data with them as they move from field to field,” says Damon Palmer, commercial leader, Enlist Weed Control System, Dow AgroSciences. “Two key features of the app — the application planner and the mode of action calculator — will help them make informed decisions for their weed control program and herbicide applications, maximizing their herbicide investment and getting the most from the Enlist technology into the future.”
The Enlist Ahead app is part of the Enlist Ahead management resource, which provides technology advancements, management recommendations, training and education. Parts of the app are powered by CDMS, a leading provider of software services and agricultural databases.
Planning for a responsible application of Enlist Duo herbicide
The app’s herbicide application planner combines real-time, localized weather data, capabilities to map crop fields and trait technologies, and other important considerations for growers and applicators to review before making a responsible herbicide application.
App users can record the application rate, boom height and nozzle selection. Pulling in local environmental conditions from the closest National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) weather station, the Enlist Ahead app will show wind speed and wind direction. The local weather will continue to update during the application, allowing applicators to make any necessary adjustments based on weather changes.
After the herbicide application details are entered, the app compiles the information and informs the applicator if conditions meet label requirements and best management practices from Dow AgroSciences.
- US soy exports to China could drop with crush-margins at 2-yr low
- Corn to see record production for 2014-15
- Maximizing buyer power in volatile markets
- Insight into drought tolerance of TAM wheat varieties
- Ag markets turned mostly lower Tuesday morning
- GMO safety, weed control top concerns as U.S. study kicks off
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America