Hemisphere GPS offers AgJunction Mobile for iPhone and iPad
Hemisphere GPS announced the new AgJunction Mobile for iOS, an enhancement to AgJunction, its precision agriculture data services platform.
AgJunction Mobile is an in-field data collection system featuring GPS-enabled boundary mapping and soil sampling. To take advantage of the latest technologies, AgJunction and Cogent3D, maker of PrecisionEarth, have come together to release AgJunction Mobile for iOS. Available for both iPhone and iPad, AgJunction Mobile for iOS is based on the PrecisionEarth platform with the time saving enhancement of being able to directly sync with the AgJunction cloud system. AgJunction users can download the app from the App Store and enter their AgJunction license key, user name and password. From there, the application will automatically manage the two-way transfer of data between AgJunction Mobile and the AgJunction cloud system, eliminating the need to move data files manually.
With the first release of AgJunction Mobile for iOS, users will be able to synchronize data based on their growers, farms, fields, field boundaries, and directed sample locations. Users can then add new farms and fields as well as map field boundaries and soil sample locations. Recorded field data is automatically synchronized with the AgJunction cloud system for use in the field, back at the office, or through an agriculture service provider.
AgJunction will continue to work with Cogent3D to bring more features and benefits to AgJunction Mobile for iOS in the future. This will include downloading recorded datasets (yield, planting, as-applied, aerial imagery, soil sampling and electrical conductivity, etc.) in the field as background layers for viewing and as a reference for field sampling. Other future updates will include integration with the AgJunction electronic work order system and the AgJunction asset tracking system.
“The iOS and mapping expertise of Cogent3D has allowed us to quickly develop a convenient method for AgJunction customers to capture and synchronize their field data,” said Jeff Dearborn, General Manager of AgJunction at Hemisphere GPS. “The field data, when combined with the other AgJunction data management services, greatly improves the efficiency and accuracy in the analysis and application of precision agriculture techniques.”
For more information about AgJunction visit www.agjunction.com.
- Bio company plans new products in 2015
- Two major sustainability efforts announced by mayors
- September forecast raises corn yield
- USDA chief says urged Buffett to ready BNSF for record crops
- NGFA, other ag groups commend introduction of Senate rail bill
- Registration for AgGateway’s annual conference now open
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- USDA invites public comments on climate report