Hemisphere GPS announces eDriveX enhancements with VSi Support
Hemisphere GPS introduced multiple enhancements to its popular eDriveX automated steering system. With support for the VSi electric steering interface, improved contour functionality, and additional vehicle kit support, eDriveX v2.1 provides an accurate and affordable steering platform for precision farming applications. For eDriveX users needing long-range functionality, Hemisphere GPS has also released 400 MHz radio repeater kits that extend the range of our RTK systems.
VSi support brings high performance steering to the simplicity of an electric steering wheel solution and allows eDriveX to be installed on vehicle platforms not previously targeted with hydraulic kits. VSi is a quick and easy performance solution when using eDriveX on a second tractor or other farm machinery.
eDriveX contour improvements include Identical A/B Contour, an additional guidance mode that allows for curve following where skipping passes and repeatability is required, and Adaptive A/B Contour, which allows on-the-fly modification of an identical A/B contour to account for obstacles or changes in terrain. The new Pre-Engage function allows the operator to engage the steering system early so that once the machine is driven back within certain parameters, auto-steering takes over without the need for user input. This provides the opportunity to focus on other machine operations and even allows the operator to engage auto-steering while the vehicle is stationary. Additionally, Hemisphere GPS is releasing to specific markets its Pre-Planned guidance functionality that allows growers to survey fields and create guidance paths using a GIS tool and export the lines in a shape file for use by S3 and eDriveX for auto-steering—contact Outback Guidance sales or customer service for more information on this exciting new feature.
Hemisphere GPS has released new, vehicle-specific installation kits to support eDriveX VSi functionality. The installation kits include all necessary parts and detailed, easy to use, vehicle specific step by step instructions that enable customers to install the system themselves with no special training.
The new radio repeater kits are compatible with 400MHz A320/A321 and A220/A221 smart antennas. The repeater kits extend the range of the RTK system utilizing our standard 5 watt 400MHz radio, and help to maintain radio connection when working in valleys and near dense tree foliage. Available as either a portable or fixed repeater installation kit, it’s easy to set up using the included PC-based configuration tool.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Fertilizer in small doses yields higher returns for less money
- Research shows GM crops safe, no special labeling needed
- Taiwan passes new GMO tolerance regulations
- Middle East drought a threat to global food prices
- Canada orders railways to boost grain shipments to ease logjam
- Weak Asian markets weighed on crop markets Sunday night
- Spectacular economic growth in China has a downside: drought
- New soil health toolbox evaluates plant available nutrients
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- Bayer CropScience to acquire Biagro Group
- USGC sees potential problems for Ukraine farmers
- DuPont Pioneer and Hexima announce new insect protection
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Declining Weigh Blend System
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.