Grasshopper enhances fuel-efficient mower line with new EFI model
click image to zoom Coupling the latest engine technology with advanced drive and ergonomic systems, The Grasshopper Company recently announced two new Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) zero-turn mowers that provide unparalleled performance and fuel economy for commercial operators and large-acreage owners.
Grasshopper, a pioneer of commercial-grade zero-turn grounds maintenance equipment, says the new MidMount Model 327 EFI and FrontMount Model 727T EFI are powered by enhanced second-generation, fuel-efficient 747cc Kohler Command Pro closed-loop EFI engines.
Closed-loop EFI engines offer a range of benefits to operators and dealers, including decreased fuel use, reliable hot and cold starts, reduced engine exhaust emissions and fewer fuel-induced service issues. The Delphi automotive-based system features plug-in diagnostics with engine feedback and performance information for easier diagnosis of service issues and faster service intervals.
click image to zoom "These EFI engines are continually monitoring internal and external factors that can affect engine performance, such as fuel grade, fuel quality, ambient air temperature and altitude, and making automatic adjustments to optimize performance, increase fuel efficiency and extend service life," says marketing director Ruthanne Stucky.
Stucky says that customer and dealer response to the new models has been positive and expects the popularity of the new Delphi-based system to increase as customers become aware of the benefits of closed-loop EFI.
"Grasshopper has always been dedicated to producing quality equipment that provides ease of use and years of reliable service, and these new EFI models are just another example of that ongoing commitment," she says.
Model 727T EFI can be equipped with 52-, 61- or 72-inch DuraMax® cutting decks, and 61- or 72-inch DuraMax decks are available for Model 327 EFI. Both models accept PowerVac Collection Systems, while a range of time- and labor-saving implements for the 727T EFI increase productivity in any season. More information and specifications will soon be available on the company's website.
To learn more about the full line of fuel-efficient Grasshopper True ZeroTurn mowers and grounds maintenance equipment, visit grasshoppermower.com.
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- WinField introduces Answer Tech and Data Silo
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- Ohio’s largest Deere dealer to sell precision drone products
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease