DEKALB introduces new corn breeding website
Farmers across the country can now visit an interactive new website to learn more about how the DEKALB global breeding program impacts the products on their farms.
The new website, breedingHQ (www.DEKALB.com/breeding), focuses on the brand's breeding innovation and exclusive product advancements in an effort to help farmers maximize yield potential in
"We are really proud of our extensive global corn breeding program, and we're excited to debut the new DEKALB breedingHQ website." said Rick Myroup, DEKALB Brand Manager. "DEKALB has a strong dedication to developing the pipeline and only the best-performing products to help farmers produce highly-productive crops."
Introduced at the 2013 Farm Progress Show in Decatur, Ill., this cutting-edge a breedingHQ website hosts information dedicated to corn breeding, including year-round genetic research, corn seed testing and a variety of videos highlighting the technology in action.
Farmers also can navigate through breeder profiles, fun facts, breeding locations and other site features, including:
- A History of Corn provides insight into the beginning of plant breeding, how the scientific process evolved and the basic principle of breeding.
- Breeding Fun Facts Did you know one trillion corn plants would need to be created in order to find the correct combination of 20 different genes in a single plant? DEKALB uses molecular breeding to decrease the odds of finding the right combination from 1 in one trillion to 1 in 5.
- Exclusive Genetic Diversity describes how the DEKALB brand's exclusive products are introduced each year by tapping an expansive foundation of germplasm from more than 30 countries, consistently supplying breeders with broadest genetic pool in the industry.
- Talented Breeders explains the life of a DEKALB breeder and gives detailed profiles.
- Technology at Work explores best-in-class logistics delivering integrated solutions based on specifically bred products. Farmers can dive into the benefits of seed chipping and double haploid technology.
- The Future of Breeding defines the DEKALB brand's promise of continuous innovation and quality in the fields of tomorrow and beyond.
"What makes DEKALB different is our integrated approach to breeding," Myroup said. "We have access to Monsanto's Global Breeding Organization with a large testing network and elite global germplasm pool. We are unmatched by anyone in the industry."
For more information, farmers can visit www.DEKALB.com/breeding or contact their local DEKALB Dealer.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
A.J. Sackett Blend Towers
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company