Beck’s Hybrids distributing Flo-Rite seed firmers
click image to zoom Beck’s Hybrids announced that it is the exclusive distributor of Flo-Rite seed firmers. Flo-Rite seed firmers offer a new and improved revolutionary design by incorporating a durable, high-tech memory polymer; a replaceable wear plate; and protected fertilizer tube.
Scott Beck, vice president of Beck’s Hybrids, said, “We’re excited to bring farmers the Flo-Rite seed firmer technology, a reliable tool that will not only save them money, but increase their yield potential.”
Developed by Jeff Peters, a farmer and inventor from Hicksville, Ohio, Flo-Rite seed firmers improve planting depth consistency, which leads to better seed germination, more consistent emergence, better stands, and increased yields. Flo-Rite seed firmers can be differentiated from other leading seed firmer brands by four key points.
- Five percent more yield: Studies show that even stands can increase yield by more than five percent.
- Lower replacement cost: The initial cost of Flo-Rite seed firmers are similar to other leading seed firmer brands, but the maintenance costs are dramatically less. With Flo-Rite seed firmers, farmers can replace the wear plate versus the entire row unit.
- Optimum seed placement: Using the latest in memory polymers, Flo-Rite seed firmers provide consistent down pressure that assures the best seed placement and proper seeding depth.
- Protected liquid tube: Flo-Rite seed firmers incorporate a patent pending enclosed stainless steel liquid tube, which protects the tube from crop debris and soil that can rip it from the firmer body.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture