Bayer CropScience adds three new HBK Seed varieties for 2014
HBK Seed continues to expand its soybean lineup with the addition of three new varieties – HBK LL4653, HBK LL4953 and HBK RY7523 – for 2014.
The growing HBK product line is a result of an aggressive screening and research program. Developed with the high-quality soybean germplasm, HBK Seed varieties are thoroughly tested at regional trial locations and selected specifically for their yield, disease and weed control performance in southern growing conditions.
“The local commitment of the HBK Seed breeding program combined with world-class Bayer CropScience trait research and expertise provides growers with more choices and resources to select the HBK soybean variety that best fits their specific growing conditions,” said Allen Gent, U.S. soybean product manager and strategy lead for Bayer CropScience. “With an expanding HBK Seed soybean lineup, we are better able to deliver the technology solutions growers need to manage agronomic risks.”
With more broadly adapted varieties available, soybean growers in the Mid-South, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast and Southwest regions will have additional options to optimize yield potential and manage tough-to-control weeds. Two of the new varieties will offer the LibertyLink trait, giving growers the ability to spray Liberty in-crop for nonselective postemergence control of the toughest weeds, including Palmer amaranth, giant ragweed, waterhemp and marestail.
With the addition of the three new varieties in 2014, HBK Seed will have a total of 12 soybean seed varieties, including six LibertyLink varieties, covering Maturity Groups 4, 5 and 7.
Growers can contact their local Bayer representative or their local HBK Seed retailer for more information on the following 2014 HBK Seed soybean varieties:
HBK LL4653 is a mid Group 4 variety with excellent emergence and top-end yield potential. This LibertyLink variety offers good protection from Sudden Death Syndrome, Frogeye Leaf Spot and Soybean Cyst Nematode.
HBK LL4953 is a late Group 4 LibertyLink variety that responds well to irrigation and was a top yielder in field trials the past two years. With its top-notch emergence and standability, LL4953 is an excellent option for all soil types and has a good defensive package.
HBK RY7523 is a mid Group 7 variety. This Roundup Ready 2 Yield variety has excellent yield potential and good early season vigor. It performs well across all row types and offers good protection against Southern Root-Knot and Southern Stem Canker.
- TekWear partners up on new crop monitoring technologies
- Harvest delays impact crop performance, study shows
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Sugarcane aphids found in North Carolina
- Online registration open for Dec. 15-16 AGMasters conference
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta