Bayer CropScience adds three new HBK Seed varieties for 2014
HBK Seed continues to expand its soybean lineup with the addition of three new varieties – HBK LL4653, HBK LL4953 and HBK RY7523 – for 2014.
The growing HBK product line is a result of an aggressive screening and research program. Developed with the high-quality soybean germplasm, HBK Seed varieties are thoroughly tested at regional trial locations and selected specifically for their yield, disease and weed control performance in southern growing conditions.
“The local commitment of the HBK Seed breeding program combined with world-class Bayer CropScience trait research and expertise provides growers with more choices and resources to select the HBK soybean variety that best fits their specific growing conditions,” said Allen Gent, U.S. soybean product manager and strategy lead for Bayer CropScience. “With an expanding HBK Seed soybean lineup, we are better able to deliver the technology solutions growers need to manage agronomic risks.”
With more broadly adapted varieties available, soybean growers in the Mid-South, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast and Southwest regions will have additional options to optimize yield potential and manage tough-to-control weeds. Two of the new varieties will offer the LibertyLink trait, giving growers the ability to spray Liberty in-crop for nonselective postemergence control of the toughest weeds, including Palmer amaranth, giant ragweed, waterhemp and marestail.
With the addition of the three new varieties in 2014, HBK Seed will have a total of 12 soybean seed varieties, including six LibertyLink varieties, covering Maturity Groups 4, 5 and 7.
Growers can contact their local Bayer representative or their local HBK Seed retailer for more information on the following 2014 HBK Seed soybean varieties:
HBK LL4653 is a mid Group 4 variety with excellent emergence and top-end yield potential. This LibertyLink variety offers good protection from Sudden Death Syndrome, Frogeye Leaf Spot and Soybean Cyst Nematode.
HBK LL4953 is a late Group 4 LibertyLink variety that responds well to irrigation and was a top yielder in field trials the past two years. With its top-notch emergence and standability, LL4953 is an excellent option for all soil types and has a good defensive package.
HBK RY7523 is a mid Group 7 variety. This Roundup Ready 2 Yield variety has excellent yield potential and good early season vigor. It performs well across all row types and offers good protection against Southern Root-Knot and Southern Stem Canker.
- Summit on herbicide resistance now available online
- Honey Bee Health Coalition releases “Bee Healthy” roadmap
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals