Ammonium salt of glyphosate offered as a dry granular product
Established U.S. supplier of generic glyphosate, Glysorita LLC, introduces two dry granular glyphosate formulations based on an ammonium salt, new to the United States market.
U.S. farmers are familiar with glyphosate, but generally have had access to the compound in the form of a liquid isopropylamine salt. Worldwide, glyphosate as an ammonium salt has often been the preferred choice of producers in Australia, Argentina and other parts of South America.
“In recent years, a number of new salts have been introduced to the market in an effort to increase the concentration per gallon of glyphosate. Potassium and other mixed salts are readily available in liquid form from a number of manufacturers,” says Rick Beardmore, Glysortia CEO. “Our granular formulation is the only glyphosate DG on the market in the United States. A major advantage is the concentration obtained; adding, that one truckload of the DG treats 40,000 acres compared to just 16,000 for a truckload of liquid totes.”
Glysortia will offer two formulations – an 88.8% formulation with 80% acid, and a 77.7% formulation with 70% acid.
Advantages of the ammonium salt version of glyphosate include:
- Ability to be obtained as a dry granular formulation for ease-of-handling
- No concerns about product freezing to eliminate storage concerns at dealers or on-farm
- High concentration of active ingredient in a compact package
- When the product is added to water, it cannot separate out of the solution, reducing screen or nozzle clogging
The product will be available in an easily disposed plastic bag designed to treat 40 acres at a rate of approximately one pound/acre. (Read and follow label directions.)
According to company CEO Rick Beardmore, distribution will be available throughout the U.S. through established distributors and their dealerships.
Glysortia, Inc., is based in Hudson, Wis. More information at http://www.glysortia.com/
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Vertical Floor Blenders