The Trimble Connected Farm agricultural information management solution is a new system for managing precision agriculture data by wirelessly transporting valuable field data between the field and farm office.
The EZ-Sync solution adds wireless connectivity throughout the entire farming cycle, fulfilling a key component of Trimble's Connected Farm solution. Information flows seamlessly between your mobile handheld device, your Precision Ag display on your vehicle, and to your office for easy-to-use record keeping and reporting solutions. With the Connected Farm solution and the EZ-Sync solution, your precision farming is now completely in sync.
- Trimble scouting devices work with the EZ-Sync solution to enable farmers or agronomists to map field operations data while on foot, in a pickup truck, or from an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) and wirelessly transmit mapped data to and from the office.
- The EZ-Sync solution for the FmX integrated display adds the ability to wirelessly send data files like variable rate prescriptions and guidance lines to and from the display. A wireless modem is used to transfer data to and from Connected Farm servers for use in EZ-Office software.
- EZ-Sync information from field displays wirelessly links to the EZ-Office software for easy-to-use record keeping and reporting solutions that include field and crop management, vehicles, operators, staff and crop inputs.
EZ-Sync solution for Trimble handheld computers
Trimble scouting devices work with the EZ-Sync solution to enable growers or agronomists to map field operations data while on foot, in a pickup truck or from an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) and wirelessly transmit mapped data to and from the office.
EZ-Office Mobile 2010 software is compatible with the EZ-Sync solution, and is available bundled with the field-tough Trimble Nomad 800XC or compact Trimble Juno SC handheld computers that feature integrated 3G GSM wireless modems.
Support for CDMA wireless technology can be provided for use with the Nomad 800LC or Juno SB handheld computers, via third-party hardware.
EZ-Sync handheld solution use cases
- Map soil sample points and send to the office for consolidating with the laboratory results. This allows users to auto-generate prescription maps in the EZ-Office software desktop suite to be sent to the FmX integrated display for application control.
- Map field boundaries to send back to the office so they can be shared with the FmX integrated displays for use in the field.
- Map field obstacles, weed infestations and waterways, then create no-spray exclusion zones with the EZ-Office software desktop suite and wirelessly send them to the FmX integrated display so that automatic overlap control can be enabled in the field's non-productive areas.
- Use the field imagery tool in EZ-Office Mobile software which combines the built-in digital camera and integrated GPS on the Trimble Nomad or Juno handheld device to capture geo-referenced pictures of problems, such as weeds and insects, streamlining the process of acquiring complete information.
- Send boundaries, client, farm, and field information created either on an FmX integrated display, or in the office to the field scouting solution.
- Create planned jobs including sampling grids and target points using EZ-Office software and send them wirelessly to the handheld, saving time for field scouts and avoiding unnecessary trips to and from the office.
EZ-Sync solution for the Trimble FmX integrated display
The EZ-Sync solution provides the FmX integrated display with the ability to wirelessly send data files like variable rate prescriptions and guidance lines from the field to the office or from the office to the field. A Sierra Wireless modem must be used in conjunction with the FmX integrated display to make this happen.
The Connected Farm solution offers two types of modems for the FmX integrated display, depending on your cellular needs. The two types of Sierra modems offer CDMA or GSM technology.
EZ-Sync solution with FmX integrated display use cases
- Map AB lines in one vehicle, then send that line to the office to be shared with other vehicles, ensuring field work accuracy through shared AB lines.
- Wirelessly send yield data back to the office so EZ-Office Pro software can be used to create a profit analysis map before making management decisions for the following year, cropping or variety choice for example.
- Send topography data collected in the FieldLevel II mode of the FmX integrated display to the office to create tile lines using the EZ-Surface software, and then send those lines back to the FmX integrated display to control tile installation with Autoslope, saving multiple trips and many hours.
- Use the FmX integrated display to map a waterway as a non-productive feature, and then send the field data to the office so the area features can be sent to other FmX integrated displays to enable automatic section control for spraying or planting.
- Stop chasing combines to get yield data on flash cards. Now you can wirelessly send yield data from the FmX integrated display back to the office and EZ-Office Pro software can be used to create yield maps.
- Harvest and vary the rate of application the same day without leaving the office. An FmX integrated display located in the combine can record and wirelessly send yield data to the office. That yield data can then be used to create a prescription that can be sent wirelessly to the applicator's FmX integrated display for variable rate application of fertilizer.
- Never worry about losing portable memory devices with valuable yield or application data. Sending data wirelessly prevents data loss.
- Send boundaries, client, farm, or field information created either on an FmX integrated display, or in the office.
EZ-Office 2010 software
Trimble EZ-Office 2010 software combines intuitive, powerful mapping features, with enhanced importing and exporting functionality.
Information from the EZ-Sync solution on field displays wirelessly links to EZ-Office software for easy-to-use record keeping and reporting solutions that include field and crop management, vehicles, operators, staff, and crop inputs.
Examples of crop and field management data that can be collected and stored by EZ-Office software include:
- Tools for guidance line management, editing, and creation for Trimble displays.
- Google Maps background images and support for other imagery.
- Detailed supply tracking showing how much seed, fertilizer, and crop protection chemical has been applied.
- Data import and export from many popular yield monitors and 3rd party systems.
EZ-Office 2010 software includes an Update Service Plan (USP) that provides customers with 12 months of software updates, as well as 12 months of telephone support.
EZ-Office Pro 2010 software
EZ-Office Pro 2010 software includes all the features of EZ-Office software, plus additional tools for information analysis. The advanced benefits of EZ-Office Pro 2010 software include:
- Formula-based prescription map generation for use with the EZ-Guide® 500 lightbar, the FmX integrated display or other compatible displays.
- Automated multi-year yield map averaging that allows you to identify consistently high and low yield areas of a field.
- Integration of financial data with precision farming operations for profit map analysis.
EZ-Surface software is an add-on water management module for EZ-Office Pro software that is a surface analysis and design tool that assists with the optimal placement of tile and surface drains. This helps drain the field adequately, and subsequently increases crop yields.
EZ-Surface software examples
- Carry out a topographic survey of the field using the FieldLevel II system on the FmX integrated display, and then import the survey to the EZ-Surface software.
- View a 3D model of the field to gain a visual interpretation of the high and low spots. The model can be rotated, panned, zoomed, and the heights can be exaggerated to allow the operator to personalize the model and view it from any angle.
- Display contours either on the 2D or 3D view to help understand the height differences, and to assist with the drainage design. The operator can define the contour intervals to ensure the display is appropriate for any given field.
- Display the 3D model in Watershed mode, allowing the operator to view all the watershed zones of the field. This information displays where the surface water will go and where it will pool on the existing surface.
- View the surface geometry lines to quickly interpret all of the tributaries to any given watershed on the field.
- View the water flow directions of the field, allowing the operator to see which direction the water will flow at any point on the field.
You can combine all of the above 3D views and water flow analysis tools to decide where surface ditches or subsurface tile lines should be installed to optimally drain the field, and ultimately increase crop yields. The powerful EZ-Office software drawing tools also let you draw the lines right over the map on the screen.
Drainage lines drawn on the screen then produce a vertical profile of the existing surface along any line. This lets the operator quickly envisage if the location of the design will be an ideal place to put a ditch or install drainage pipe.
Exporting these designs back to the FmX integrated display lets you use the Autoslope feature of the FieldLevel II system to design the vertical component of your surface or sub-surface designs by defining slope and depth constraints. This allows the FieldLevel II system to automatically instruct any drainage machine or implement to install in the right place at the right depth and slope.