In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
In the midst of a busy growing season, farmers need immediate information about crop conditions across their fields. Now, the R7 Tool by WinField has even greater satellite imagery and mapping capabilities, allowing farmers to swiftly detect in-season issues with nutrient deficiencies, pests or disease to help protect yield potential.
Powered by Geosys technology, the R7 Tool is newly enhanced to provide imagery from three times the number of satellite imagery providers it had in 2013, targeting to deliver approximately 3,000 images (up from approximately 700 last year) and up to 20 cloud-free maps per field from April through August (versus an average of 12 maps per field in 2013.) Cloud-free maps are targeted to be delivered through the R7 Tool within 72 hours of satellite acquisition.
An interactive, web-based platform that performs detailed field-by-field analysis, the R7 Tool is the industry’s only provider of on-demand, in-season satellite imagery. This bird’s-eye view helps farmers identify emerging crop nutrition and agronomic problems, giving them and their local agronomists the best opportunity to find potential solutions that could help optimize return on investment.
“By working with a specially trained agronomy expert, farmers can use the R7 Tool to get the information they need to detect crop nutrition, disease and pest issues, which allows them to correct factors that could limit crop performance and compromise yield potential,” said Dave Gebhardt, director of agronomic data and technology, WinField. “The cutting-edge technology provided by the enhanced R7 Tool empowers farmers to make informed, data-driven agronomic decisions during the season to help them get the most out of every acre at harvest.”
Farmers who are interested in using the R7 Tool by WinField for their in-season crop management practices should visit with the R7 specialist at their local cooperative. These in-season images work in conjunction with the NutriSolutions analysis, which uses tissue sampling to provide customized plant nutrient recommendations. Additional information on the R7 Tool and NutriSolutions tissue sampling and analysis can also be found at winfield.com.
- New calculator can help soybean farmers with seed decisions
- U.S., Brazil close to ending cotton trade rift
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Midwest grain growers ‘Invest an acre to feed the world’
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?