IDC In Soybeans
However, even though we are dry, we still have IDC symptoms.
IDC can be caused by a combination of factors:
b) pH higher than 7.0
c) Soluble salts
d) Soil moisture
e) Herbicide application
f) Environmental stress
Foliar products do not help, so here are some things to consider for the future:
1) Plant more tolerant varieties
2) Test the soil for Calcium Carbonate (CCE)
3) Use a planting time application of Iron Chelate
4) Plant soybeans closer together, by increasing population or using wider rows
5) Seed a cover crop with the soybeans
6) Map the IDC areas for the future
The author does not guarantee the accuracy of the information contained in this feature, although it is believed to be accurate. The author assumes no liability or responsibility for direct or indirect, special, consequential or incidental damages or for any other damages relating or arising out of any action taken as a result of information or advice contained in this report. The author disclaims any express or implied liability or responsibility for any action taken, which is solely at the liability of and responsibility of the user.