Ten company-sabotaging employees
“The white liar probably thinks he isn’t really hurting anyone with his fibs, but of course, that isn’t the case,” Bedford said. “Anytime an employee’s lack of total honesty impacts the quality of their own work, someone else’s work, or a client relationship, they have shown that they lack accountability.”
“Next time you think that a lack of accountability doesn’t have a price tag, just look at this list and think again!” concluded Miller. “When you notice any of these behaviors in any of your employees (or in yourself!), make sure to address the issue promptly. Explain why you object to the behavior and make sure the employee knows what consequences will be incurred if it continues.”
Bedford said, “Especially in today’s transparent business environment, your company’s accountability cannot be taken lightly. Safeguard it as the valuable commodity it is!”
In 2001, drawing on their respective years of experience in senior global leadership at Motorola, Julie Miller and Brian Bedford joined forces to establish MillerBedford Executive Solutions. The company helps businesses and organizations improve strategy, culture and leadership, while addressing issues that limit success. More information and the book is available at www.millerbedford.com. The book, "Culture Without Accountability—WTF? What’s the Fix?" is available from major online booksellers, too.
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals