Southern States focus and analytics system
For instance, a recent study we conducted, using a combination of survey and transactional data, found that customers who consider Southern States strongly tied to their community shop in our stores more frequently and spend more over time. This kind of insight is vital as we plan new store expansion, ensuring that we focus on quickly establishing these stores in their community through outreach and local events.
For Southern States, none of these things would be possible without our strategic analytics partner, Alteryx. Alteryx has not only enabled us to increase revenue while reducing our costs through powerful customer analytics, but also to create these analytic applications much more quickly than ever before. What used to take months using older analytic solutions like SAS takes just a few hours in Alteryx. That means faster time-to-market and increased ability to take advantage of small windows of opportunity.
What’s more, sophisticated analytics that previously required a data scientist or statistical Ph.D. to write hundreds of lines of code can now be done in a few mouse clicks and maybe a quick drag-and-drop. I love that I can hire a data analyst who knows their piece of the business, and they can easily learn how to do sophisticated analytics without coding. Everything I need to put the power of customer analytics in the hands of those who know the business best—the buyers—is right at my fingertips. Now that’s powerful.
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement