Professional is spelled with 5 p's!
4. Priorities: Focus on the fundamentals and the results will take care of themselves. Start each day with a simple written list of what you plan to accomplish - today. Make time to do the things that contribute to your purpose and your goals. Remember that if you don't have time to do it right, what makes you think that you have time to do it over? Learn to adapt to your changing environment. Maintain a controlled sense of urgency. Being prompt, being reliable and contributing to your team will go a long way to ensure your success.
5. Persistence: Maintain a positive mental attitude. Your attitude is a choice you make each and every day. Choose to be positive. Don't get bogged down in negative thinking. The past is just that — passed. The future is always a question mark. What, specifically, can you do TODAY to continue toward your Purpose?
How many people do you know that wake up in the morning and ask themselves, "how can I fail today?" Probably none. People fail because they haven't focused on their Purpose. Or they haven't prepared themselves to take advantage of the opportunities. Or they have made poor choices in the People with whom they associate. They may have lost sight of their Priorities. Or, they've given up and failed to be Persistent.
So, "professional," in any endeavor, is spelled with 5 p's — Purpose, Preparation, People, Priorities, and Persistence. Focus on those 5 p's and you will find the success you seek.
James Bain, MBA, is an author, speaker, consultant and coach. He is the founder of the Falcon Performance Institute, a consulting and corporate training firm focused on productive performance. Look for Bain’s soon to be published book, "Never Pass on a Chance to P — A Roadmap to Success." For more information, visit http://www.fpiteam.comor call (352) 854-4015.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Look at how the rice scheme made Thailand unstable
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
Layco Declining Weight Blend System