Prepare yourself for the challenge of change
Leaders are change agents. It is impossible to lead people into an unknown future without knowing how to successfully introduce change. It has been said that the one constant in life is change, but why must it be so often, so soon?
There are some personalities that avoid change the way an unprepared student avoids making eye contact with the teacher. There are many that value stability over creativity and for them change can be an excruciating experience. However, there are some that get bored with predictability and the idea of change is a thrill ride that keeps life fresh and invigorating. No matter your personality preference, adapting to new things, new ideas, new tools, new processes and new possibilities is both necessary and difficult.
The problem with change does not rest in the wiring of our personalities; it rests in our desire for comfort. Even those that embrace the notion of being a change agent will often
Retailer K-Mart was comfortably resting on top of the discount retail market when the super systems of Wal-Mart made cheap prices even cheaper. Ma Bell and the baby bell’s were comfortably asleep when the world moved from land lines to cellular technology. That same alarm awoke Bill Gates when the world moved from software to the Internet. The former did not hear the alarm and have drifted into irrelevance. The later examples fortunately heard the alarm and made significant changes.
We all understand the need to change. What we may not understand is that many entrepreneurial leaders are reluctant to embrace change. Entrepreneurial leaders risked plenty to launch their enterprise. Many thought their leadership, creativity, and vision would promote change for years to come. Entrepreneurial leaders may have been lulled to sleep thinking they were masters of change when they were just creating their own place of comfort.
What is pushing you toward change? Where are you finding internal resistance? What worries you the most, and keeps you up at night? These are your wake up calls, and you shouldn’t hit the snooze button. Your slumber will get continuously more uncomfortable.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
Declining Weigh Blend System
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.