Oh her? She’s new: A lesson in attitude and performance
How can Sweet Dee improve? She can remember these points:
Attitude drives performance: How she describes her job is just as important as the tasks she performs.
- Take off the blinders: The plane probably really isn’t going to crash, so she should keep in mind that although safety is important, most of her time deals with customer service.
- Perception is everything: Although she might not believe her job is in customer service she needs to let the passengers think that. If she was perceived as being polite then people would more willingly listen to her and act accordingly.
Carl Van, president and CEO of the International Insurance Institute, is a professional public speaker, business course designer and international trainer. His new book, “Attitude, Ability and the 80-20 Rule: The Making of Exceptional Performers” along with the highly acclaimed “Gaining Cooperation” are available at Amazon.com. Veronica Dunbar graduated with her B.S.M.. in Marketing from Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana and is now a consultant specializing in Social Media. Van can be reached at 504-393-4570, http://www.carlvan.org/.
- What to do now in regards to the 2014 Farm Bill
- Mistakes that hurt a farm's credit
- Mycogen Seeds introduces four new sunflower hybrids for 2015
- China cuts cotton import quotas to boost demand for its own fiber
- Hog futures the exception to bearish ag market rule Monday AM
- Gangster herbicide program update
- Despite USDA approval, Enlist trait faces hurdles
- Activist investor Peltz pushes DuPont to split itself
- USDA approves Dow’s Enlist corn, soybean traits
- Mapping technology help farmers understand soil
- Improve nutrient balance to boost corn yields
- Study shows differences in understanding sustainable agriculture
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report