Not all team members are equal
Recruit convert communicators as pack members. Who do you know who was formerly against your cause?
Building a pack with a few converts can also increase your team’s influence IQ. Convert communicators are individuals who previously were averse to your position but are now on your team. Here’s why they are persuasive.
Converts are those who were on the “other side;” they agreed with the view of those you are now trying to persuade, and now see things your way. They provide jet fuel to your team because they can provide insight into the persuasive messages that converted them.
They also are persuasive. They are seen by the people you want to influence as similar to themselves, which we know is a powerful persuasion source as opposed to a message coming directly from you, the opponent. Your influence prospect may be thinking, ‘This was someone who used to agree with me.’ So, the very presence of the convert communicator brings along a possibility of a change in attitude. Your prospect may think, ‘That person did it, why can’t I?’
Convert communicators are among the many reasons for the life-transforming power of groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous. As perfect examples of “converts,” former alcoholics yield considerable influence because they’ve converted from one lifestyle and ideology to a totally opposite set of beliefs.
Make sure your converts have freely made the decision to convert. Converting to save their skin isn’t convincing.
Converts are especially beneficial to your cause when they willingly made the decision to convert. Just like a salesperson who doesn’t believe in their product isn’t as convincing as someone who uses the product and loves it, your converts are more credible when their decision to convert is made absent of outside pressure.
Fair or unfair, not all team members are created equal. When you thoughtfully recruit the right team members, you’ll increase your influence success.
Amy Showalter is the author of “The Underdog Edge: How Ordinary People Change the Minds of the Powerful...and Live to Tell About It.” For more information, visit http://www.showaltergroup.com/ or http://www.underdogedge.com/ or call (513) 762-7668 or email@example.com.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
Ranco Bucket Elevators
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.