Leading with honor—do you have what it takes?
Our culture desperately needs men and women who will lead with honor. Don’t take it for granted that you will lead honorably. Engage in the battle required to guard your character. To be prepared, know yourself, clarify your values, standards, and commitments, confront your doubts and fears, and connect with your support team. Then you are ready to face the giants and avoid the headlines of failure.
Lee Ellis is a speaker and the author of "Leading With Honor: Leadership Lessons from the Hanoi Hilton," in which he shares his experiences as a Vietnam POW and highlights leadership lessons learned in the camps. As president of Leadership Freedom, a leadership and team development consulting and coaching company, he consults with Fortune 500 senior executives in the areas of hiring, teambuilding, executive development and succession planning. For more information, visit www.leadingwithhonor.com.
- Valmont acquires majority stake in AgSense
- DuPont announces investment in seed treatment solutions
- Bills to regulate California groundwater use opposed by farmers
- Court overturns law limiting biotech crops on Hawaiian island
- New products added to the Agrotain stabilizer portfolio
- Ag markets are generally mixed in early-Wednesday trading
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease