Know yourself: The secret to career success
Do you have a place where you can relax, meditate, and enhance your calm? The world is full of noise; how do you shut that out and find peace? There should be a place away from your office that makes you feel calm and at peace. For some it’s early morning on the porch, eyes closed, cup of coffee in hand, breathing deep and preparing for the day ahead. Others may have a place in their home that has a small fountain, plants by a window, with soft, low music playing. There, you can take a deep breath and focus on positive things within yourself, or positive affirmations. You can speak that into being. You think it, you focus on it, you speak it, and so be it! You carry more power within yourself than you realize.
How do you make a difference in your community? Your life should be of value to your community. Give back one person at a time. Help an elderly person with the door, participate in a neighborhood clean-up, or volunteer at a local soup kitchen. In a many cultures, there is some form of a rite of passage that teaches their young people how to be men and women. They are taught how to be a benefit to their community. Doing so rewards everyone in the community and makes it a better place to live.
Julia took an honest look at herself, at where she excelled and where she needed direction. She learned to tell interviewers about her real self, and how that person could benefit the company. She got to know her passions and found a career where she could express them. Whether you are seeking a job or seeking promotion in your current job, you can use the answers to these questions to not only benefit yourself as an individual employee, but to better your team, department or company.
Sharon Bennett, BA, BSN, has been a motivational health and wellness consultant for nearly 16 years. She is the author of the "Shoe Fetish Series," the International Library of Poetry’s Editor’s Choice Award 2001 winner, a member of the National Speakers Association and the National Association of Professional Women. For more information, go to www.ShoeFetishMovement.com, call 888-321-9604, or e-mail ShoeFetishMovement@yahoo.com.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
Ranco Bucket Elevators
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.