How to create a bully-free work environment
8. Do not play judge between employees. Even if anti-bullying policies require you to do this, it is a mistake. You will increase hostility between them as each one tries to convince you that they are right and the other is wrong. And the one you judge against will hate you, too. If employees have a conflict, instruct them to talk to each other directly, and guide them to do it like friends, without anger.
Good luck! Let the Golden Rule be your guide and people will be happy to work for you.
Israel (Izzy) C. Kalman is a psychotherapist and director of Bullies to Buddies, a program for ending hostility through the practical application of the golden rule. Through his seminars, workshops and DVD, “Turning Workplace Hostility into Harmony,” Izzy is revolutionizing the realm of personal and business relationships. For more information on Izzy’s products and speaking, please visit http://www.Bullies2Buddies.com or call 866-983-1333.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture