How to build a culture of ethics in your company
When in Doubt, Do the Right Thing!
Ethical missteps are all the same; they will eventually lead to a negative outcome. Little infractions that go undetected or unreported often lead to larger infractions until “unethical” becomes “illegal.” Perhaps we should reframe or replace the word “whistleblower” with “ethical partner.” One thing is certain: ethical choices are empowered choices and that is certainly one critical component of business success.
Chuck Gallagher is the president of the Ethics Resource Group and an international expert in business ethics. Gallagherprovides training, presentations and consultation with associations and companies on ethics and creating ethical cultures where people do the right thing, not because they have to, but because they want to! Information can be found at http://chuckgallagher.com or via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 828.244.1400.
- US soy exports to China could drop with crush-margins at 2-yr low
- Corn to see record production for 2014-15
- Maximizing buyer power in volatile markets
- Insight into drought tolerance of TAM wheat varieties
- Ag markets turned mostly lower Tuesday morning
- GMO safety, weed control top concerns as U.S. study kicks off
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America