Four ways big farming can lead to good farming
4. Change Our Point of View
As we look toward the future, we also need to consider the ways we might change our point of view on how we farm. In particular, it’s important that we collectively look forward, rather than backward. The organic-versus-industrial farming issue should be more about the choices a consumer makes, rather than one being deemed better or worse. Our goal should be to approach farming in a way that increases productivity while fostering sustainability, reducing hunger, and boosting nutrition for the world’s population.
Farming is an industry — and just like most industries, it works better on a mass scale. But it can still be managed sustainably. By continuing to innovate farming methods while also focusing on transparent education, we can collectively cultivate the concept of “good farming.”
For nearly 30 years, Doug Austin has been studying the “art of observation” and filtering out the human truths. Whether digging for key customer/consumer insights or preparing the next national retail promotion, it’s all about the ability to “hear and see” what others may not and asking the hard questions that get us to the possibilities. Austin is the SVP of Growth & Innovation and leads product and brand innovation sessions for Marlin Network.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
Vertical Floor Blenders