Ahead of change or behind the times?
What can CEOs do to be “highly engaged” to impact successful change?
- Tell the compelling “change story” at every opportunity
- Establish clear executive sponsorship (if it’s not You, then Who?)
- Recognize short-term wins and celebrate successes
- Personally role model desired changes and mobilize senior team to do so
- Provide incentives for reaching high targets of performance
- Listen to employees in focus groups to get their perspective
- Check progress with change leaders frequently
- Hold people accountable for results
CEO—Chief Change Agent
Truth is, bad leaders have given change a bad name in most organizations. Using the five actions outlined above, you can develop your own strategy for change as the Chief Change Agent in your organization. You will be able to lead people to reduce the chaos, confusion, and cynicism that too often accompany, abort, or annihilate change. Fulfill your powerful change role: jumpstart your organization to success rather than doom it to failure. When you set in motion a strategy for change that accelerates involvement and commitment of the workforce, you gain the satisfaction of seeing the organization accomplish successful results on top of producing delighted customers and motivated employees. Isn’t that what we’re all here for?
Charlyne Meinhard is a speaker, trainer and Chief Results Officer of Next Level Consulting, a consulting firm specializing in change leadership, talent development and innovation. She is also the author of "Change Agents to the Rescue!" and "Ahead of Change." For more information, visit http://www.nextlevelforyou.com/, email Charlyne@NextLevelForYou.com or call 804-382-5054.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?