Ten lessons from Reagan on building a brain trust
“Don’t look at this as a negative,” says Quiggle. “If you can, you should absolutely pay it forward. After all, you might not have reached your level of success without the wisdom of your own brain trust, and now you have the opportunity to help someone else do the same. Plus, joining others’ Kitchen Cabinets is a great way to meet new mentors and connect with people who can help your own business.”
“While you may not have set your sights on the White House, you can still reap substantial benefits from assembling your own Kitchen Cabinet,” concludes Quiggle. “In a business world that’s becoming more complex and competitive by the day, no one should be trying to steer the ship all alone. No one can know it all. But when you talk through the issues that are bothering you with knowledgeable people who share your vision, you’ll maximize your chances for success. Clear solutions will come to the forefront, and you’ll bypass many common pitfalls. As Ronald Reagan knew well, two (or three, or five) heads really are better than one.”
Dan Quiggle, author of "Lead Like Reagan: Strategies to Motivate, Communicate, and Inspire," is the founder of The Quiggle Group, president and CEO of America’s Choice Title Company, and dean of faculty for the Leadership Institute in Washington, D.C. He began his professional career in the office of Ronald Reagan and learned leadership directly from the “Great Communicator” himself. For more information, please visit the book’s page at www.wiley.com.
- New calculator can help soybean farmers with seed decisions
- U.S., Brazil close to ending cotton trade rift
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Midwest grain growers ‘Invest an acre to feed the world’
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?