Southern States focus and analytics system
For instance, a recent study we conducted, using a combination of survey and transactional data, found that customers who consider Southern States strongly tied to their community shop in our stores more frequently and spend more over time. This kind of insight is vital as we plan new store expansion, ensuring that we focus on quickly establishing these stores in their community through outreach and local events.
For Southern States, none of these things would be possible without our strategic analytics partner, Alteryx. Alteryx has not only enabled us to increase revenue while reducing our costs through powerful customer analytics, but also to create these analytic applications much more quickly than ever before. What used to take months using older analytic solutions like SAS takes just a few hours in Alteryx. That means faster time-to-market and increased ability to take advantage of small windows of opportunity.
What’s more, sophisticated analytics that previously required a data scientist or statistical Ph.D. to write hundreds of lines of code can now be done in a few mouse clicks and maybe a quick drag-and-drop. I love that I can hire a data analyst who knows their piece of the business, and they can easily learn how to do sophisticated analytics without coding. Everything I need to put the power of customer analytics in the hands of those who know the business best—the buyers—is right at my fingertips. Now that’s powerful.
- Boxers or Briefs? Underwear buried to demonstrate unhealthy soil
- Tire makers race to turn dandelions into rubber
- Toro releases guide for using micro-sprinklers for IPM
- USDA to fund $25 million in value-added producer grants
- Crop futures mostly higher, livestock prices stabilizing
- Suppress Palmer pigweed with a ryegrass cover crop
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- Cooperative exits retail and automotive business
- RTK brings higher level of accuracy to farmers
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease