Southern States focus and analytics system
For instance, a recent study we conducted, using a combination of survey and transactional data, found that customers who consider Southern States strongly tied to their community shop in our stores more frequently and spend more over time. This kind of insight is vital as we plan new store expansion, ensuring that we focus on quickly establishing these stores in their community through outreach and local events.
For Southern States, none of these things would be possible without our strategic analytics partner, Alteryx. Alteryx has not only enabled us to increase revenue while reducing our costs through powerful customer analytics, but also to create these analytic applications much more quickly than ever before. What used to take months using older analytic solutions like SAS takes just a few hours in Alteryx. That means faster time-to-market and increased ability to take advantage of small windows of opportunity.
What’s more, sophisticated analytics that previously required a data scientist or statistical Ph.D. to write hundreds of lines of code can now be done in a few mouse clicks and maybe a quick drag-and-drop. I love that I can hire a data analyst who knows their piece of the business, and they can easily learn how to do sophisticated analytics without coding. Everything I need to put the power of customer analytics in the hands of those who know the business best—the buyers—is right at my fingertips. Now that’s powerful.
- U.S. fertilizer company owned by Koch brothers in patent dispute
- China cites public opinion in GMO soybean approval delay
- U.S, Brazil settle cotton subsidy dispute for $300 million
- Nominations open for 2015 4R Advocate Awards program
- Coalition questions legitimacy of EPA's proposed WOTUS rule
- Ag markets were decidedly mixed in Wednesday night action
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?