What sort of executive are you?
There are many personas one could imagine to describe your default executive style. The keys to being an effective executive are to know the strengths and weaknesses of your default style or persona and then to be able to adopt a different persona as conditions or circumstances require. You may need to be the strategizing general today while you prepare for a long range planning retreat with your board and tomorrow you might need to be the sports coach cheering for your company at a meeting of mid level managers. Which persona is going to get the right things done in which set of circumstances? That is the executive you should be.
Tron Jordheim is the CMO of StorageMart, one of the world's largest privately held self-storage companies with locations across the U.S. and Canada. He has helped lead the company to double-digit revenue growth for the last four years by embracing digital marketing and call center support. With 40+ years of experience in sales, marketing and training, he continues to be sought after as a public speaker, sales trainer and consultant. For more information, visit http://www.storage-mart.com/blog/author/tron-jordheim.
- Crop markets moved mostly higher again Thursday night
- Fall-applied herbicides work better on some weeds
- TekWear partners up on new crop monitoring technologies
- Harvest delays impact crop performance, study shows
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Sugarcane aphids found in North Carolina
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta