How to build a culture of ethics in your company
When in Doubt, Do the Right Thing!
Ethical missteps are all the same; they will eventually lead to a negative outcome. Little infractions that go undetected or unreported often lead to larger infractions until “unethical” becomes “illegal.” Perhaps we should reframe or replace the word “whistleblower” with “ethical partner.” One thing is certain: ethical choices are empowered choices and that is certainly one critical component of business success.
Chuck Gallagher is the president of the Ethics Resource Group and an international expert in business ethics. Gallagherprovides training, presentations and consultation with associations and companies on ethics and creating ethical cultures where people do the right thing, not because they have to, but because they want to! Information can be found at http://chuckgallagher.com or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 828.244.1400.
- Farm Market iD releases 2013 Land and Grower Database
- Even in isolated, pristine Tasmania, pressure for GMO farming
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Cattle, soybeans climb Tuesday morning
- Maire Tecnimont to build $1.6 billion U.S. fertilizer plant
- Corn price premiums continue to fade