Your leadership DNA
Can you think of a time you were really uncomfortable? Maybe it was a time you had to speak in front of a large group, or a time you had to confront someone who works with you on a difficult issue. Wouldn’t it be nice to make situations like that a little easier on you? Wouldn’t it be great if you could make them less painful?
You can, and if you want to be your best as a leader, you must. When we are in uncomfortable situations, it’s usually because we’re acting outside of our natural way of being. When we align our natural way of being to the situations in which we find ourselves, we are happier, less stressed, and more effective.
Your Distinct Natural Attributes (Your “DNA”)
You are hardwired with certain characteristics that make you you – distinctly, irreplaceably, inimitably you. The way you live, the way you learn, the way you lead – all of these are guided by the gifts you were given at birth and the ones you have collected in the course of your life. Knowing these attributes gives you tremendous power.
To be able to tap into your brilliance, you must answer the question, “What makes you unique?” You need to discover your Distinct Natural Attributes – your DNA.
Your Distinct Natural Attributes include:
- Your strengths. What do you do especially well? When are you at your best?
- Your weaknesses. What’s harder for you, goes slower, or is more stressful?
- Your personality. What do you know to be true about yourself?
- Your preferences. How do you prefer to do things?
- Your virtues. What can you claim as being your most virtuous qualities?
- Your vulnerabilities. What makes you feel small and insecure?
- Your style. What’s “your way?”
You can use your DNA to turn an ineffective situation into one in which you’ll naturally succeed.
Mapping Your DNA
The more strategies you use to find your Distinct Natural Attributes, the more complete your view will be. Asking yourself the questions above will get you started. You can reveal more of your DNA by asking open-ended questions. To find strengths, ask:
- Where are you especially talented?
- What do you love to do?
- What do you do without even thinking?
- What do people count on you for?
- In your social life, what role do you play?
- At work, what are you recognized for?
- Given the freedom to do things your way, how do you do them?
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
A.J. Sackett Loss-In-Weight Blend Systems
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company